Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Updated Twin Octagon Tables

As some of you may know...
our house is on the market.
So, at the spur of the moment when
a realtor called to see if he
could show our house in
10-15 minutes~
my boys and I headed to
our local thrift store.

And we found a steal of a deal!
Not 1 but 2 of these tables.
$2.00 a piece!
O.o
YES! PLEASE!


They were in amazing shape. I'm not
sure exactly how old they are or
if they were custom made but taking
them apart was a breeze!

See the little knobbies on the top?
They unscrewed via large
threaded (is that a word) dowels.
What the hello?
That easy? Yeppers!
And see the ball feet?
Same thing there.
So when it was all said and done they
are completely collapsible.
Oh yeah.

I took them both apart and sanded
like crazy. All four shelves, all eight top
knobbies, all eight ball feet and all eight
legs!
(need, need, need, Annie Sloan Chalk paint)

Whew!

I stained the tables Rustoleum's
Kona. And spray painted the knobbies, feet
and legs Krylon's Dover White.

I distressed the knobbies, feet and legs
using 220 grit sand paper.

I used Minwax Wipe On Poly
to seal the tables.
Wipe On Poly!
You read that right and while it isn't
anything new to most of you...
it was to me!
And {LOVE} has filled my heart!!

Here they are:
Twins:
 Camera 1

Camera 2



I love them! Mostly because they are
so easy to take apart. I can see myself wanting
to personalize them at some point.
Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, we
have our house on the market and quite
frankly I don't need any more end tables.
I know right?? Who has that problem.
sigh
So, they will be priced and taken
to Marketplace 3301.

Not a bad deal though.
Aside from the Wipe On Poly,
I had all the supplies for this
twin table re-do on hand.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carri



No comments:

Post a Comment